Arranged marriage was and would always remain a predominant way of getting married in India. Hence, the rapid advent of the internet also saw a rise of best Matrimonial sites in India. These sites have increased the horizons of matchmaking by breaking geographical barriers.
These marriage statistics collected over the years by various individuals across the world are intriguing to look at.
1. Thirty-three percent more men than women around the world say it bothers them “a lot” that their significant other isn’t more romantic.
2. Nearly 60 percent of both men and women who are unhappy with their relationships say they would still be happy to spend eternity with their partners.
3. There is a gradual reduction in the Divorce rate across the US. The chances of a first marriage lasting at least ten years are 68 percent for women and 70 percent for men, according to the National Survey of Family Growth.
4. A 2013 IPSOS survey found that 74 percent of young Indians (18-35 years old) prefer an arranged marriage over a free-choice one. Other sources report that as many as 90 percent of all Indian marriages are arranged.
5. The report titled “Progress of the World’s Women 2019-2020: Families in a Changing World” highlighted that despite increasing rates of divorce, only 1.1% of women are divorced, with those in urban areas making up the largest proportion in India.
6. An average of getting married in India is 22.4 years in female and 26 years in male.
7. According to a survey, “Usage of dating apps among young Indians 2019 by city type”, 22 percent of the young Indians in metro cities used dating applications in 2019. This was 24 percent for non-metro cities in the country. Websites offering matchmaking and wedding services were more common in the country while dating apps were a fairly newer entrant in the market.
8. According to a survey, “Opinion on inter-religious/inter-caste marriage among young Indians 2019 by city type”, amongst the young Indians, an average of 55 percent from metros and non-metros were in for inter-caste and inter-religious marriages. Interestingly, 33 percent
each, for both metro and non-metro dwellers, were against the idea during the same time period.
9. The survey about marriage preferences of men and women across India in 2016-17, by wedding type, depicted that around 41 percent of female respondents in the country wanted an intimate wedding.
10. There is a surging demand for entrepreneurs and individuals working in a startup in big cities of India. There is a 50-100% jump in demand for professionals working in startups.
Is someone dear to you looking for a life partner? Well, amongst the popular matrimonial sites in India, Cupid Knot has earned its reputable position as Agarwal and Jain matrimony in India. We work with the mere goal of playing cupid while helping you tie the knot.
Follow us on Social Media Sites to learn more about us: