Conversation plays the most important role in presenting ourselves. However, let’s face it. We all had our fair share of awkward conversations where we didn’t know what to say or how to proceed and ended up making a mess of ourselves. How we wish we could rewind those episodes from our life and erase those awkward conversations forever.
Whether you’re appearing for a formal first arranged meeting, preparing yourself to ask someone on a date, or texting your crush for the first time, such are the times when our highly appreciative vocabulary and sarcasm also lose their ways. You remain unsure of whether your conversation is too boring or too edgy. It’s a circle of confusion no one could save us from. After all, initiating a conversation is like aiming in a dark room. Well, fret not. We are here to save you from awkward and dull conversations.
This list of questions would help you break the ice and nail that first conversation, seamlessly. After all, the magic lies in the first times!!
1. Ditch that Hi with an out of the blue question.
We all can mutually agree that mere Hi can be boring as hell. Hi is a normalized conversation initiator and it needs to go in the trash, especially for your informal relationships.
Now whether you’re texting your crush for the first time or initiating a conversation for your first arranged meet, you have a huge pressure of coming across as fun, unpredictable, and uncommon. Just out of blue, you could ask questions that are neither too intrusive nor too bland.
- Bring out a reference to their last vacation.
- If you’d been to the same school or college, just start with that.
- Ask about their favorite place in their city.
- If you’ve some mutual friends, there couldn’t be any better ice
- breaker than bringing that in conversation.
- If you’re aware of their Blogspot or something; start with a conversation about it.
In short, in these times of easy accessibility check them out on social media before approaching them for the conversation. Just get a fair idea of what could capture their attention and there you go.
2. Humor could never go wrong unless it’s cringe-worthy.
We all have our fun side even if we rarely show it. Well, now is the best time to bring that humor and sarcasm in. You see if you could make someone laugh you already have their attention. But, know the difference between what is good humor and what makes you come across as arrogant and senseless.
- Firstly get them on your friend’s list on social media. Now, whenever you come across anything fun, go ahead and share with them. But don’t be too intrusive.
- A forwarded joke is cliche but could work if both of you enjoy PJ’s.
- Be witty. Nothing could be as attractive as a good sense of humor.
3. Bring in the discussion of liking and disliking.
Don’t let the conversation go sideways with bland replies. Find the similarities and bring that in your conversation.
- Talk about that show you know they have binge-watched on.
- If you could find a common interest, you can secure the conversation by bringing that up.
- Ask completely irrelevant and amusing questions and surprise them with your unpredictability.
You see people with common interest bond faster than anticipated.
4. Food could never be a boring topic.
Well, as far as I know, I have never heard of an instance where food spoiled the conversation. It is always a safe bet. Relationships could build themselves merely on the fondness of food.
Well, these are our own unique set of an ice-breaking conversation starter. If this doesn’t work for you well you would always find something on the Internet to work in your favor. But in the end, what matters is how fun you could be with your conversations.
Lastly, are you looking for matrimonial (marriage) sites in India? At cupid Knot, we offer individualized and personalized matchmaking services through our Jain matrimony in India. We maintain the complete confidentiality of our clients by not revealing their identity. If you’re looking for Good matrimonial sites in India, well Cupid Knot is perfect only if you’re looking for a partner with an intention of marriage.
Check more details about us at Cupid Knot.
Read more about marriage and relationships on our blogs. Visit Cupid Knot to find more interesting reads.
Follow us on Social Media Sites to learn more about us: