Arrange marriage in India is a prominent way of getting married. India is widely known for its diversified culture and religion. However, when it comes to marriage in India, people here are still robust to the concept of Endogamy. Religion and caste play the most crucial role in fixing arrange marriages in India.
As opposed to yesteryear, where matches were made merely on the criteria of religion, the form of arranged marriage has evolved over time. The decision of marriage isn’t limited to elders of the family with youth having equal or more power over whom to marry. Numerous matrimonial agencies in India could help you find your partner with whom you could connect with.
Hobbies, interests, compatibility plays as important a role as a religion in marriages. People spend enough time together before making a decision to marry, even in arrange marriage.
Let’s guide you with questions to ask on your first arrange marriage meeting if you’re about to go on one.
Ask questions regarding lifestyle.
1. What are their usual weekend plans?
2. How often do they go on a vacation in a year?
3. What are their food habits?
4. How important is a workout to them?
5. Would they prefer watching movies or reading books?
6.Would they mind staying away from their parents after marriage?
7. Are they a believer in simple living or a luxurious lifestyle?
Question relating to the profession.
8. How important is their career to them?
9. Do they think of making a career change?
10. Would they prefer growth or stability?
11. Do they think of giving their hobbies a shape of career?
12. How important would be your career after marriage?
13. Would it be okay to top them if you earn more than them? Specifically, if you’re a female.
Religious and cultural questions.
14. What are their religious beliefs?
15. Do they believe in God?
16. How open are they to other religions?
17. Do they have any friends from a religion other than theirs?
18. Do they believe in the power of prayers?
Questions relating to the family.
19. How important is family to them?
20. What is their native place?
21. Does their family have any great cultural significance?
22. How many siblings they have?
23. What is their relationship with each sibling?
24. Are they married or do they have any children?
25. Would the responsibility of accepting families lie entirely on you?
26. How important would be the family of their partner be?
Questions relating to finance.
27. What is their nature of spending? Do they save more or spend lavishly?
28. How important is financial security to them?
29. What is their point of view on debt?
30. Who would be in charge of finances if you go ahead with the decision to marry?
While some of these questions might seem too direct for a first meeting, it is completely fine to avoid them. The main purpose of this first meeting is to get answers to fundamental questions. You don’t need to be too direct if that is uncomfortable.
But keep your observation strong as to what they ask and what those questions reveal. It is better to read and understand indirect questions. The answers to this first meeting would determine the possibility of a second meeting.
Is someone near to you looking for an Indian marriage agency? At cupid knot, we offer individualized and personalized matchmaking services to our clients through our Marwari/Jain matrimonial sites. We maintain the complete confidentiality of our clients by not revealing their identities. Download our Android and IOS app now and allow us to help you find your life partner.
Read more about marriage and relationships on our blogs. Visit Cupid Knot to find more interesting reads.