Hinduism did not explicitly state that an individual from other castes was not to be married, but that it deliberately encouraged marriages from the same castes to support society. So, in inter-caste marriage, there is absolutely nothing wrong.
What is inter-caste marriage?
Inter-caste marriage means the marriage between one of the partners of the Scheduled Caste and the other of the non-scheduled Caste to be used as a marriage for this Scheme. This marriage is legal under the law and is properly registered under the 1955 Hindu Marriage Act.
Are inter-caste marriages in India successful?
When the marriage is inter-caste, the basis is just lust. This union goes even further if the couples don’t mess with their families and their lives. If it does not make marital arrangements, so your partner is not allowed to play caste cards with your family and society. Following are the benefits of inter-caste marriage:
1. There is no end to thoughts and experiences:
When two separate persons of faith marry, their thinking and perspectives shift. Acceptance rises and the tolerance towards people from different backgrounds grows. Your thoughts are widespread, and every day you see life differently which is one of the major benefits of inter-caste marriage.
2. You have new things to remember:
The marriage with someone from another caste is a reality that involves learning new knowledge. Their way of life and cooking, you will hear how a certain society is. You will also have several festivals that will make your home more enjoyable and rejoice. That is why life is turning into a peaceful journey which is another inter-caste marriage benefit.
3. You have intelligent children:
According to an inquiry, in inter-religion marriage, the children born to parents from diverse castes are generally cleverer and know even more about the world outside. Because genes vary, children are smarter compared to children who are born to parents of the same caste.
Some Indian states provide currency advantages for inter-caste marriages and some also offer government job opportunities that contribute to the inter-caste marriage benefit.
Problems for inter-caste marriage
- Parents and family members deem it an offense to their honour, and the “bloodline” of their family is considered diluted.
- The resistance of parents and relatives of the family leads to family feuds. Some families still reject their children for their transgression. They reject their children.
- The Murder of honour is a major problem in India, and schooling or economic development is of little importance for the tribe.
- The differences in lifestyles and behaviors may be a problem considering the compatibility of partners from different castes.
- Inter-caste marriages in India face difficulties engaging with members of the group in small and remote communities where residents know each other.
- Children from inter-caste couples can find arranged marriage problematic as a negative characteristic can be seen on the inter-caste mark.
- Problems related to wealth legacy and proprietary controversy are common when inter-caste marriage
Living in the same building with two separate castes implies a greater degree of adaptability. You do not sometimes choose to adopt their customs or cultures, but you certainly learn to adapt according to their rituals. For example, if we take one of the quotes on inter-caste marriage like you have a pooja to do, you can help you do it in any way you can. You will learn to agree with other people, regardless of whether you believe it or not, to observe a certain faith, custom, and rituals.
Is someone near to you looking for a matrimonial agency in India? At Cupid Knot, we offer individualized and completely confidential services to our clients by helping them find their life partners.