Arranged marriage was and would always remain a predominant way of getting married in India. The rapid advent of the internet has also risen the number of arranged marriages through online matrimony services. These sites have increased the horizons of matchmaking by breaking geographical barriers.
That said, let’s have a look at some of the intriguing marriage stats collected over the years across the world.
- 33% more men than women around the world say it bothers them a lot that their significant other isn’t more romantic.
- Nearly 60% of both men and women who are unhappy with their relationships say they would still like to spend eternity with their partners.
- Over the years there has been a gradual reduction in the divorce rate across the US. there is a 68% chance of a first marriage lasting at least 10 years for women while for men, the ratio is 70%.
- A 2013 IPSOS survey found that 74% of young Indians (18-35 years old) prefer an arranged marriage over a free-choice one. Around 90% of Indian marriages are arranged.
- As per the Progress of the World’s Women 2019-2020: Families in a Changing World report, only 1.1% of women are divorced, with those in urban areas making up the largest proportion in India.
- The average marriage age in India is 22.4 years for females and 26 years for males.
- Usage of dating apps among young Indians 2019 by city type, 22% of young Indian metro residents use dating apps to find their beloved. The ratio for non-metros is 24%.
- An average of 55% of Indian youngsters from both metros and non-metros are in for inter-caste and inter-religious marriages. However, 33% are against the idea.
- Around 41% of female respondents in the country want an intimate wedding.
That’s all for now. Till next time,